Hans Peter Bech is an Amazon bestselling author. He is a frequent keynote speaker and blogger on issues related to growing information technology companies to global market leadership and has written several books and numerous whitepapers on business development in the IT industry. Hans Peter also facilitates workshops for the TBK Academy® and is an advisor for governments and companies. He holds a M.Sc. in macroeconomics and political science from the University of Copenhagen.
The objective of this 2-day workshop “Building Successful Partner Channels in the Information Technology Industry” is to give information technology business development, marketing, sales and other revenue generation professionals an opportunity to review and discuss the issues related to growing local and global market share through a channel of independent business partners.
The workshop primarily addresses issues related to growing revenue and market share of B2B information technology through a channel of independent resellers. Anyone responsible for strategies and activities associated with business development, marketing, sales and revenue generation through a channel of independent resellers should participate in this workshop.
The workshop uses three case stories to illustrate how to use the business development frameworks in the real world. The three case stories will help the attendees understand the application of the business development frameworks and prepare them for their use in their individual businesses and channel development efforts.
The workshop will cover the following themes:
- The principles behind the business model framework and how the business model of the principals differs from those of their resellers.
- The premises for analysing and deciding if a go-to-market approach through independent resellers is the best option.
- The prerequisites for designing a channel partner program, choosing the elements that must be included in the program and how the program must change as you become successful.
- The process for recruiting channel partners with a high probability for success and how the challenges and priorities of partner recruitment change as you become successful.
- How to organize and run an effective channel partner management program.
- The challenges associated with the request for individual exclusivity, higher margins and channel exclusivity and how to manage these challenges attending to the needs of both the principal and the channel partners.
Where do you start and how do you plan for managing channel development? Find out in this vibrant learning environment. During the workshop you will have access to trusted information technology industry expert Hans Peter Bech (author of the bestselling book “Building Successful Partner Channels”) as your instructor and a network of peers sharing their own experiences.
Number of Participants: Min. 20
Course Language: English
Course Prerequisites: The workshop assumes experience with general business financial concepts such as revenue, cost of goods sold, operational expenses and return on investment considerations.
Course Fee: €950 + VAT where applicable. Includes all materials and refreshments.
CLICK HERE to see what others have to say about the training.
More Information: Emma Crabtree, email@example.com
Start & Finish Times: Daily 09:00-18:00
What you will take home from the workshop:
- Learn how to design and document the revenue generation processes for your product
- Identify your partner value proposition and partner P&L
- Understand the three phases of market penetration
- Learn why channel issues change fundamentally over time as brand awareness increases
- Learn the function and content of a partner program
- Learn how to reduce “time to revenue” and “time to profit” for your partners
- Analyze the impact of partner margins on partner behavior
- Learn how to effectively recruit, manage and grow individual partners