Hans Peter Bech is an Amazon bestselling author. He is a frequent blogger on issues related to growing information technology companies to global market leadership and has written several books and numerous whitepapers on business development in the IT industry. Hans Peter also facilitates workshops for the TBK Academy® and is an advisor for governments and private companies. He holds a M.Sc. in macroeconomics and political science from the University of Copenhagen.
The objective of the workshop “Business Model Management in the Information Technology Industry” is to give information technology business development, marketing, sales and other revenue generating professionals a personal toolbox for growing their companies systematically and achieving global leadership in their selected market segments.
The workshop will provide frameworks and tools, which the attendees can implement immediately in their personal work and/or across the teams where they operate.
Today’s markets are not conquered with excellent products, but with excellent business models. The statement “Build it, and they will come” unfortunately doesn’t apply to the vast majority of companies in the information technology industry.
Since publishing the book “Business Model Generation” in 2010 Alexander Osterwalder has been setting the standards for what a business model is and what it takes to develop, document and test business models. Osterwalder’s Business Model framework is extremely lean and operational. It is designed to enable teams of people to execute projects based on a common perception of means and objectives (aligned).
However, adding yellow stickers to a poster on the wall doesn’t change the world.
After attending this workshop you will:
- Understand the fundamental basics of the Alexander Osterwalder business model framework and understand why and how to manage the development of a business using this approach.
- Understand the two most important business model “front-office” building blocks: The value propositions and the customer segments and be familiar with applying them through exercises with the value proposition canvas on real life information technology business cases.
- Understand the concepts of channels to market and customer relationships that together explain how businesses find, win, make, keep and grow happy customers.
- Be familiar with the fundamental differences between the direct go-to-market approach and the indirect go-to-market approach through independent distributors and as well as simple and value added resellers.
- Understand how to identify and describe the type of activities that are required to drive the business model.
- Understand how to define and estimate the resources required for driving the business model, including the critical resources required for growing the business model across international borders.
- Understand if, when and what type of strategic partnerships are required. The attendees will also understand when channel partners are strategic and when they are not.
- Understand the P&L concept of the business model and how to do sanity checks on their assumptions before venturing into full-scale implementation.
- Be familiar with the elements of the business model environment and understand how to analyse the impact on the business model.
- Understand how to apply the business model framework in their on-going operations and use it to continuously optimize their business.
- Understand how to test and improve their business model.
This workshop is designed exclusively for business development, marketing, sales and other revenue generation professionals in the information technology industry and uses cases that are typical for this industry.
Organiser: This workshop is delivered through Asia Pacific Sales & Marketing Academy Pte
Number of Participants: Min. 20
Course Language: English
Course Prerequisites: The workshop assumes experience with general business financial concepts such as revenue, Cost of Goods Sold, Operational Expenses and return on investment considerations.
Course Fee: SGD 1,750 + VAT where applicable. Includes all materials and refreshments.
Certification: Attendees will be offered to take a certification test immediately after the workshop. Attendees passing the test will be issued a certificate. More details will be available upon request.
CLICK HERE to see what others have to say about the training.
More Information: Zeenath Kuraisha
Start & Finish Times: Daily 09:00-18:00